ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integration with RocketMQ
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 03:12:27 GMT
Roman,

Does it make sense to have corresponding integration modules in both projects?

For instance, there is Camel and Ignite integration that is hosted in both projects.
https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/modules/camel
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components/camel-ignite <https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components/camel-ignite>

I do believe that the modules are not 100% identical and the reason it’s done this way might
be because the modules use different Camel or Ignite interfaces and concepts. Is this approach
somehow related to RocketMQ and Ignite?

—
Denis

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 11:06 PM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Igniters,
> Recently I am looking into a new pub/sub messaging Apache incubator project called RocketMQ
[1], originally developed at Alibaba. And I am thinking about implementing a streamer for
Ignite.
> Do you think it has to be placed under modules/ of Ignite project, or better to have
it together with other RocketMQ Community Projects [2]? I talked to the project's lead --
any approach seems to be ok.
> I anticipate quite frequent releases of the project this year (much more frequent than
Ignite's), and I think it will be easier to release such integration updates with the 2nd
approach, as soon as a new RocketMQ's (or Ignite's) version is available.