ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Александр Меньшиков <sharple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sort nodes in the ring in order to minimize the number of reconnections
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 15:25:06 GMT
Yakov, as I understand it we need add CLUSTER_REGION_ID for each nodes in
config file. And in fact using some kind of sort in nextNode method (the
search for extreme values to be exact). And the existence of valid
comparator is a sufficient condition to sort nodes to build new correct
ring. So I has thought we will not get any extra benefits (performance or
maintainability) if we close the ability for users to set their sort logic.
Code will a similar in two variants. I has thought if I show this variant
will be easier to see that variant is okay.
But if not, then I can fast change code.