ignite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alexander Fedotov <alexander.fedot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving to geronimo JCache jar
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 08:49:05 GMT
So, I suppose we should revert JSR107 license fixes in LICENSE_FABRIC and
LICENSE_HADOOP too.
Will update PR shortly.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:

> Got more clarifications from the folks that driving the license upgrade.
> We need to wait until the process fully finishes:
> https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues/333#issuecomment-277106702 <
> https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues/333#issuecomment-277106702>
>
> Considering this let’s merge the current changes reverting this one
>
> > #if ( $license.name.contains("JSR-000107 JCACHE 2.9 Public Review") )
> >  #set( $licenseName = "Apache License, Version 2.0” )
>
> and close the ticket.
>
> I opened a new one for JCache license upgrade tracking:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4649 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4649>
>
> —
> Denis
>
> > On Feb 2, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Well, there is some minor work left to be done before pushing JSR 107 to
> Maven:
> > https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues/333 <
> https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues/333>
> > However, it’s a matter of time since Oracle has already approved the new
> license.
> >
> > When JSR 107 1.1.0 gets released in Maven we will be required to update
> the version in our dependencies and release a new version of Apache Ignite.
> This is why I don’t see any issue if leave this workaround for 1.9 release
> >
> > #if ( $license.name.contains("JSR-000107 JCACHE 2.9 Public Review") )
> >  #set( $licenseName = "Apache License, Version 2.0” )
> >
> > and remove it at the time when we will be upgrading to JSR 107 1.1.0.
> >
> > Is there any other concern rather than code beauty?
> >
> > —
> > Denis
> >
> >> On Feb 2, 2017, at 1:17 AM, Anton Vinogradov <avinogradov@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Denis,
> >>
> >> As you can see https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/blob/master/pom.xml
> <https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/blob/master/pom.xml> has
> >> version 1.*1*.0-SNAPSHOT and it's just not released at maven.
> >> Can we ask cache-api team to release it?
> >>
> >> Anyways, I see no issues here, we just have to keep current license
> >>
> >> JSR-000107 JCACHE 2.9 Public Review - Updated Specification License
> >>> https://raw.github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/master/LICENSE.txt <
> https://raw.github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/master/LICENSE.txt>
> >>
> >>
> >> and wait for cache-api 1.*1*.0 release.
> >
>
>


-- 
Kind regards,
Alexander.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message