Regarding IgniteOnePhaseCommitNearSelfTest test , ignite's one phase optimisation works not as you said.
I attached picture of message exchange. There are partial prepare phase exists, along with finish phase.

As far as I know a partition is always allocated to a specific node and does not span nodes. Ignite has default 1024 partitions on start that are split equally across nodes.

--

Best Regards,

Kuznetsov Aleksey