ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Taras Ledkov <tled...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 2.1 scope
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 15:56:16 GMT
Folks,

IGNITE-4922 JDBC Driver: renew thin client based solution:

On 2.1 the functionality of the new thin client JDBC driver will be
between deprecated Ignite thin JDBC and Ignite JDBCv2.
1. The most functions of SQL query (include DML) are implemented and
ready for review;
2. The most functions of JDBC metadata are implemented and ready for review;
3. Transactions, batching, streaming, blobs, scrollable / writable
cursors will not be supported in 2.1.

On 01.06.2017 18:43, Vladimir Ozerov wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We are almost reached proposed feature-complete date (June 2), Could you
> please share current status of your major features?
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 3:51 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Looks a little tight. Let's hope we can make it.
>>
>> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, let me propose the following milestones for 2.1 release then.
>>>
>>> Code freeze: June 2nd.
>>> Final QA and benchmarking: June 5 - June 8
>>> Voting: ~ June 9
>>> Release: ~ June 13
>>>
>>> Also I heard H2 has to be released once again to support Ignite’s CREATE
>>> table command. Think that we should talk to H2 folks to make it happen in
>>> June 22nd - June 2nd time frame.
>>>
>>> —
>>> Denis

>>> (IGNITE-2492)