ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Semyon Boikov <sboi...@gridgain.com>
Subject Only lateAffinityAssignment for 2.1
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 10:40:41 GMT
Hi all,

Currently in Igntie we have two modes for cache affinity changing
(IgniteConfiguration.isLateAffinityAssignment=true/false). Late affinity
assignment mode is enabled by default and I do not see when it can be
useful to disable it. Does it make sense for 2.1 to deprecate property
IgniteConfiguration.isLateAffinityAssignment and internally always use late
affinity assignment mode? This will allow to simplify cache code (e.g. get
rid of ForceKeyRequests/Responses).

What do you think?

Thanks!