ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: abbrevation rules plugin
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 23:35:09 GMT
Dmitriy,

I’m not suggesting to add the JAR to the source code or to any binary package but rather
treat it as a third party plugin developed by someone for Ignite’s development simplification.
It’s similar to the way the community uses Intellij IDEA’s plugins or Team City or many
other maven modules imported in the project - they don’t need to be a part of Ignite sources
or binaries to be used.

—
Denis

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 4:13 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Denis,
>
> Apache cannot have any binary files anywhere in its code bases. All binary
> JARs must be produced from a build process. If we are adding this plugin,
> then the source for it needs to be committed to AI code base and the JAR
> should be generated from the build.
>
> Once the JAR is generated, only then you can include it on a web page to
> download.
>
> D.
>
> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> Let’s make things simple and attach the jar of the plugin to the wiki page
>> that refers to it:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Abbreviation+Rules <
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Abbreviation+Rules>
>>
>> This should be fine from ASF standpoint.
>>
>> —
>> Denis
>>
>>> On Jul 5, 2017, at 9:58 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Dmitriy,
>>>
>>> The answer is No. We should put it as a source code and integrate it into
>>> our build procedure.
>>>
>>> D.

>> as

>> for