ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 2.1 scope
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 15:39:29 GMT
Igniters,

We have 536 tickets assinged to 2.1 release [1]. I propose to move all the
tickets which will not be ready by the end of the week to the next release.
You may use this report [2], which will show all the issues which are
either reported by you or assigned to you (you must be logged in to JIRA to
get correct results).

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20status%20not%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20status%20not%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1%20AND%20(assignee%20%3D%20currentUser()%20or%20reporter%20%3D%20currentUser())

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Igniters,
>
> Persistent store has been merged to master branch! "master-bak" branch was
> created to keep the state before merge for safety. As release date for 2.1
> is mid July, I created "ignite-2.1" branch where we will stabilize the
> release as usual. Please push features and fixes planned for 2.1 release to
> this branch. The rest commits should go to master.
>
> Vladimir.
>
> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Denis,
>>
>> Awesome news! I'll take care of necessary release procedures if nobody
>> minds.
>>
>> Vladimir.
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Igniters,
>>>
>>> It’s time to refresh this abandoned thread and finally rollout out all
>>> the changes appeared in 2.1.
>>>
>>> In addition, recently donated Persistent Store got the green light [1]
>>> to become a part of the master branch (no one asked for extra time to dive
>>> into its details) and, personally, it’s absolutely fine to make it
>>> available in the nearest release.
>>>
>>> My proposal is to do the release by mid of July (closer to July 15th).
>>> Is there anyone who is ready to take over as a release manager creating the
>>> page like this [2] and handling all release related activities?
>>>

>>> [1] http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite
>>> -Persistent-Store-Ready-for-merge-td19160.html
>>> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.0
>>>
>>> —
>>> Denis

>>> and

> [...]