ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 2.1 scope
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 01:30:09 GMT
Thanks everyone for giving us enough time to take a look into the code
and architecture of this new feature. The webinar was certainly quite
helpful (thanks Denis!).

It seems to be a good time to add the feature into the dot-release, so
more users can have a taste of it "officially". I have a somewhat
unrelated question though: it seems that 2.0 has significant
performance degradation compared to 1.8 when it get to the working
with external distributed storage (like Cassandra). Could it be caused
by all the changes that were made between 1.8 and 2.0 in the
preparation for the coming persistent store functionality? Are we
publishing/collecting say yardstick reports for our own releases?

Thanks!
  Cos
--
  Take care,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 3:20 AM, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com> wrote:
> Igniters,
>
> Persistent store has been merged to master branch! "master-bak" branch was
> created to keep the state before merge for safety. As release date for 2.1
> is mid July, I created "ignite-2.1" branch where we will stabilize the
> release as usual. Please push features and fixes planned for 2.1 release to
> this branch. The rest commits should go to master.
>
> Vladimir.
>
> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Denis,
>>
>> Awesome news! I'll take care of necessary release procedures if nobody
>> minds.
>>
>> Vladimir.
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Igniters,
>>>
>>> It’s time to refresh this abandoned thread and finally rollout out all
>>> the changes appeared in 2.1.
>>>
>>> In addition, recently donated Persistent Store got the green light [1] to
>>> become a part of the master branch (no one asked for extra time to dive
>>> into its details) and, personally, it’s absolutely fine to make it
>>> available in the nearest release.
>>>
>>> My proposal is to do the release by mid of July (closer to July 15th). Is
>>> there anyone who is ready to take over as a release manager creating the
>>> page like this [2] and handling all release related activities?
>>>

>>> [1] http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/
>>> Ignite-Persistent-Store-Ready-for-merge-td19160.html
>>> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.0
>>>
>>> —
>>> Denis

>>> and

> [...]