ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Ignite Update Checker
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 18:30:55 GMT
Looks like we are getting somewhere with this. Please check [1] for
the latest comment from the Infra team. I guess we can start with
asking for a server-side redirect to GA as the immediate step. And
explore it further possibilities as per Greg's recommendations.

[1] https://is.gd/CL88O6
--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 8:21 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Cos,
>
> Sure, will see you around there.
>
> Anyway, a short summary is the following.
>
> Starting Ignite 2.3 the nodes will be connecting to a *static* file [1] deployed on Ignite
site to obtain the most recent version. If the file has a later version than the nodes will
print out a message encouraging a user to do an upgrade.

> On top of that, some community members proposed to trigger GA once the file [1] is loaded.
But to achieve this the file has to become dynamic being able to execute simple CGI scripts.
The INFRA turned this request down.

> [1] https://ignite.apache.org/latest
>
> —
> Denis
>
>> On Oct 24, 2017, at 11:57 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Guys,
>>
>> I had a quick chat with Nikita earlier today and it seems that we have came across
of a blocker of some kind. With my member's hat on I would love to help to find a resolution
that let us (and potentially other communities) to move forward.

>> Let's craft the message and circulate it with Infra and Greg. Denis, could you find
me tomorrow at the IMCS and give me an insight into the technical side of it? I feel a bit
at loss after going through this thread...

<

>>> management
store payload
>>> data

> [...]