ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence per memory policy configuration
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 18:00:27 GMT
*swapPath* is ok for me. It is also consistent with *walPath* and
*walArchivePath*.

Regarding persistencePath/storagePath, I don't like the idea when path
for WAL is implicitly changed, especially when we have separate option
for it.
WAL and storage files are already located under same $IGNITE_HOME root.
 From user perspective, there's no need to change root for all
persistence-related directories as long as $IGNITE_HOME points to the
correct disk.
 From developer perspective, this change breaks backwards compatibility.
Maintaining backwards compatibility in fail-safe way (checking both
old-style and new-style paths) is complex and hard to maintain in the
codebase.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov

My vote is for *storagePath* and keeping behavior as is.