ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence per memory policy configuration
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 17:57:52 GMT
Denis, why do you need to access an instance of the default region bean?
If you want to set any parameter, just instantiate new bean with this
parameter set (like in XML snipped below). Other parameters will be
automatically initialized with their default values.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov

On 02.10.2017 19:28, Denis Magda wrote:
>>>       <property name="dataStorageConfiguration">
>>>           <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataStorageConfiguration">
>>>               <property name="systemCacheInitialSize" value="#{100 * 1024
* 1024}"/>
>>>               <property name="defaultRegionConfiguration">
>>>                   <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataRegionConfiguration">
>>>                       <property name="maxSize" value="#{5 * 1024 * 102 * 1024}"/>
>>>                   </bean>
>>>               </property>
>>>           </bean>
>>>       </property>
>> In other data regions persistence will be disabled by default.
> Ivan, how to get an instance to the default region bean and change a parameter? Obviously,
if the goal is to enable the persistence I don’t want to create the default region bean
from scratch.

> —
> Denis
>
>> On Oct 2, 2017, at 9:11 AM, Ivan Rakov <ivan.glukos@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Agree with Alexey.
>>
>> Properties like *defaultDataRegionSize*, *isDefaultPersistenceEnabled* can confuse
users who don't know that there's such thing as default data region. They can decide they
are inherited by all data regions where size and persistence flag are not explicitly set.

>> Let's get rid of these properties and add *defaultRegionConfiguration* property with
explicit configuration of default data region.

>> Regarding XML configuration, changing size or persistence flag of default data region
will be just two lines longer (for bean description):

>>>       <property name="dataStorageConfiguration">
>>>           <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataStorageConfiguration">
>>>               <property name="systemCacheInitialSize" value="#{100 * 1024
* 1024}"/>
>>>               <property name="defaultRegionConfiguration">
>>>                   <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataRegionConfiguration">
>>>                       <property name="maxSize" value="#{5 * 1024 * 102 * 1024}"/>
>>>                   </bean>
>>>               </property>
>>>           </bean>
>>>       </property>
>> In other data regions persistence will be disabled by default.
>> I've updated draft in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6030 with these
changes.

>> Best Regards,
>> Ivan Rakov

>>> Won’t it complicate the configuration from a Spring XML file? I’m not an
expert in Spring so how do I get defaultRegionConfiguration bean first to change any parameter?

>>> —
>>> Denis

If

Persistence will be