ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vyacheslav Daradur <daradu...@gmail.com>
Subject How to handle CacheLocalStore on clients node?
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:02:08 GMT
Hi, Igniters!

I’m working on an implementation of 3rd party persistence solution.

The solution is annotated by CacheLocalStore annotation.

As far as I know, CacheLocalStore annotation means that server node
persists its own primary and backup partitions (please correct me if
I’m wrong).

How about client nodes? It’s possible to define CacheStoreFactory in
CacheConfiguration which creates CacheStoreStore even on clients node.

But as far as I can see ‘read-through’ and ‘write-through’ methods
aren’t called on clients nodes in case of using CacheLocalStore. It
may be a problem because of CacheLocalStore which may require the
creation of some temporary resources which are not needed on clients
nodes.

How must this situation be handled?
I see some ways:
1) Ignite should validate this situation at cache creation on client node
2) CacheStoreFactory should throw some exception in case of creation
CacheLocalStore on client nodes
3) CacheStoreFactory should create some stub of CacheLocalStore to do nothing

Any thoughts?

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.