ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Remove retries from DML
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2017 18:44:57 GMT
Igniters,

Current implementation of DML is not transactional. We have not guarantees
on what is updated and what is not. When certain update fails due to
concurrent entry change, we perform a retry.

The thing is that re-try doesn't guarantee anything still and it might
introduce subtle performance degradation in case of complex queries.

As it has no value for users, I propose to drop it altogether. Semantically
nothing will change from user perspective as we have no guarantees.

Thoughts?

Vladimir.