ignite-dev mailing list archives

From vveider <mr.wei...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignite | Webconsole Dockerfile unifications in 2.4
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:16:53 GMT
Hi, Igniters!

In order to correctly process Apache Ignite 2.4 release, I've implemented
several changes in Apache Ignite's and Web Console's docker build procedure
[1].
My main motivation was to:
1. Unify approach to docker image architecture. Previously, Apache Ignite
docker image build procedure was designed for DockerHub autobuild. Yet,
there are plans for a) moving Apache Ignite docker image to official docker
repository [2] and b) including docker image building into release procedure
(+ QA, release binaries are tested before release). Now the architecture is
common with Web Console's one - Dockerfile redesigned to build image from
locally acquired Apache Ignite's binary archive.
2. Unify approach for container deliveries. I've replaced Web Console's
custom build script with instructions about how to obtain necessary files
for docker image, thus simplifying it and making more transparent. Now
images are constructed from built sources in almost single command.

Need help with review [3] and merge to master and ignite-2.4 branches - so
it will be possible to create and upload docker release images without pain.
Corresponding documentations is in preparation.

[2] https://hub.docker.com/explore
[3] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/3574