ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Eviction policies with persistence
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 00:53:35 GMT
Folks,

On "Eviction Policies" documentation page [1] we have the following callout:

> Configured eviction policy has no effect if Ignite persistence is enabled
> Note that if Ignite Persistence is enabled, then the page-based evictions
have no effect because the oldest pages will be purged from memory
automatically.

This really confuses me. Why is there a difference in how data is evicted
from memory depending on having disk enabled or not? And how does eviction
work with persistence enabled then?

Does anyone can clarify?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/evictions

-Val