ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Thin clients for Node.js, Python, PHP
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 14:17:11 GMT
With regards of thin clients for dynamically typed languages, I think
Ignite needs two following features to shine:

- Ability to pass JSON to such clients, turn JSON Objects into a
BinaryObjects, which will give ability to index top-level keys in such JSON
with SQL Indexing. Of course this should be integrated with QueryEntities.
- Ability to pass JavaScript snippets to invoke() and affinityCall()
families of calls. On Server node they should be interpreted by Nashorn
(since we've upgraded to Java 8). We should also cache such snippets
pre-interpreted, in this case it can be pretty fast since Nashorn compile
to JVM bytecode.

WDYT?

--
Ilya Kasnacheev