ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Melnichuk <dmitry.melnic...@nobitlost.com>
Subject Re: Thin Client lib: Python
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 13:51:16 GMT
Hi, Ilya!

I considered this option. Indeed, the code would look cleaner if only
one kind of identifier (preferably the human-readable name) was used.
But there can be a hypothetical situation, when the user is left with
hash code only. (For example, obtained from some other API.) It would be
sad to have an identifier and not be able to use it.

Now I really think about using hash codes and names interchangeably, so both

```
cache_put(conn, 'my-cache', value=1, key='a')
```

and

```
cache_put(conn, my_hash_code, value=1, key='a')
```

will be allowed.

This will be a minor complication on my side, and quite reasonable one.