ignite-dev mailing list archives

From dmitrievanthony <dmitrievanth...@gmail.com>
Subject How to reduce Scan Query execution time?
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2018 13:05:48 GMT
Hi,

I have a cache with 5000 objects, 400Kb each and I need to download all
these objects using Binary Client Protocol. To do than I use Scan Query (and
Load Next Page to load page 2, 3, etc...) request without any filter.

I measure the time between two moments: when request has been sent and when
the result is ready (not when page has been downloaded, only is ready to be
downloaded).

If the page size is 1000 (~400Mb per page) the measured time is 1000ms.
If the page size if 100 (~40Mb per page) the measured time is 100ms.

As result I conclude that Ignite spends ~2.5ms per every megabyte on
preparing response and I correspondingly spend this time on waiting. This
leads to the fact that I can't get throughput more than 200Mb/s using
network 10Gbit/s. It's very confusing.

So, the question. How to reduce Scan Query execution time in such
configuration?