ignite-dev mailing list archives

From dmitrievanthony <dmitrievanth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to reduce Scan Query execution time?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 12:41:57 GMT
I have already experimented with different page sizes and found out that
"downloading" time is relatively small compare to this "waiting" time, so
I've decided that this "waiting" is bottleneck and that's why I'm talking
about it and measuring it. In case of AWS 10Gbit network allows us to
receive page content with throughput ~1.2Gb/s (I've checked it and it's
true), but "waiting" step works slower and it's a problem.

You suggested to use greater page size for my purpose (maximal throughput,
all results), so:

Page size:              200Mb
Waiting time:          800ms
Downloading time: 160ms