ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Kovalenko <jokse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite as distributed file storage
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 10:21:35 GMT
Dmitriy,

I think we don't need a separate implementation of cache like BLOB cache.
Instead of it, a user can mark value class or value class field with the
special annotation "@BLOB".
During cache put, marshaller will place a special placeholder on such
fields, write byte[] array payload of a field to special internal blob
storage and place the only reference to actual DataEntry in the page
memory.
During cache get, marshaller will place a special proxy instead of an
actual class that can be downloaded and unmarshalled by demand from
internal storage on the user side.
Using such approach we will also solve eager/lazy problem, this will also
give user possibility to adjust his own marshallers (like Jackson, Jaxb,
etc.) to marshal/unmarshal his blob classes from/to byte[] arrays.
No major changes in public API are required, it can be pluggable component.