ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Assign JIRA tickets to someone else
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 10:11:35 GMT
Dmitry,

"If something is not happened on mailing list it is not happened" is just
not true. Mailing list is only one of communication channels. I do not see
any reason why I need to discuss assignee on a dev list .This is just spam
for 99% of members.

Again - lets focus on things that matter, rather than on bureaucracy. I
thought that we overgrown those old days in incubator when we thought that
the only extreme is possible in ASF - to log your every breath on the dev
list. .

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 12:32 PM Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov.spb@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Vladimir,
>
> I think I understand your point. I've heard negative feedback. Which is why
> I would like to speak it up, I hope other Igniters who disagree with this
> assignment will be feeling free to unassign ticket. I would like that noone
> was trying to adapt commercial company experience to the Comminuty.
>
> It's a pity that I need to continiously remind some of Igniters about
> principle:
> "If something is not happened on mailing list it is not happened."
>
> In you case you can decide who will do ticket on dev.list - (it is
> perfectly ok if only you two of you will communicate) - or tell your fellow
> to pick up ticket.
>
> Sincerely,
> Dmitriy Pavlov
>
> ср, 1 авг. 2018 г. в 10:58, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com>:
>
> > In general there is nothing wrong with assigning a ticket to someone if
> you
> > know that this would not cause negative reaction from assignee side. The
> > thing is that community has a lot of members who knows each other in
> person
> > and in close contact for years. So there is nothing wrong if I assign a
> > ticket to my fellow. Especially if ticket is complex or critically
> > important for the product. These is no "project management" in such an
> > action.
> >
> > On the other hand, we should not overuse this practice, and set specific
> > assignee only if there is a string reason for this.
> >
> > All in all, remember that community is alive thing built of real people.
> > The more rules you set without a clear reason, the more uncomfortable it
> is
> > to be in such a community.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:30 AM Maxim Muzafarov <maxmuzaf@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Vyacheslav,
> > >
> > > Thank you! This seems exactly what I was asking about.

> I'm

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-ReviewProcessandMaintainers

> attention
> > of