ignite-dev mailing list archives

From mshonich <mshon...@yandex.ru>
Subject control.sh: a bug or feature?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 08:05:45 GMT
Hello, Igniters!

AI 2.6 has added `--cache idle_verify command` to control.sh.

Upcoming changes in 2.7 would add some optional arguments, specifically `--dump`. Also, all
`control.sh` commands, including `--cache`, have optional connection arguments like, e.g.
`--host`, `--port`.

During testing I found that order of optional arguments is crucial to success.

In other words, this command works as expected:

```
bin/control.sh --host 172.25.1.14 --cache idle_verify --dump
```

while this command miserably fails:
```
bin/control.sh --cache idle_verify --host 172.25.1.14 --dump
```

I consider this a behaviour unexpected to user and filed an issue to improve

https://ggsystems.atlassian.net/browse/IGN-12325

Later on, during personal discussion with developer, we argue whether this is actually a bug
from user experience point of view or not, so I would like to ask your help voting for whether
this should be fixed or not.

---
Thanks in advance,
Max