ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Chugunov <sergey.chugu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brainstorm: Make TC Run All faster
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 12:10:30 GMT
Dmitriy,

You brought up really important topic that has a great impact on our
project. Faster runAlls mean quicker feedback and faster progress on issues
and features.

We have a pretty big code base of tests, about 50 thousands tests. Do we
have an idea of how these tests overlap with each other? In my mind it is
possible that we have a good bunch of tests that cover the same code and
could be replaced with just a single test.

In the ideal world we would even determine the minimal set of tests to
cover our codebase and remove excessive.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Chugunov.