ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Mekhanikov <dmekhani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brainstorm: Make TC Run All faster
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 14:06:40 GMT
Dmitry, Sergey,

There is a common pattern in the test codebase, when each test starts its
own set of nodes,
and closes them after the test finishes.
Node startup takes quite a lot of time, and this time could be reduced, if
tests shared the same set of nodes.
I mean, if there is a test class with a lot of methods, then in many cases
it's enough to start nodes in *beforeTestsStarted*
and stop them in *afterTestsStopped* instead of doing it in every test case.
We should encourage contributors to use this pattern.

It's not applicable for all tests, and would violate isolation of tests,
but I think, it's a good trade-off,
because the running time of tests is a real problem.

Denis