ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Lukyanov <stanlukya...@gmail.com>
Subject .Net docs need to be aligned with Java - dev review needed!
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2019 12:24:37 GMT
Hi Igniters,

I see that some parts of the .Net docs on readme.io are outdated compared to the Java docs.
E.g. take off-heap memory page https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/off-heap-memory - the
info there is for Ignite 1.x
while in 2.x we don’t have all these tiered modes.
Such discrepancies are very misleading to users, especially new ones.

I’ve filed a ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10887 for Documentation.
Artem Budnikov agreed to do the updates on readme.io, but he needs the list of the documentation
parts that need changing.

All Igniters and especially .Net users,
Please take a moment to go over the .Net docs at https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/,
page by page, and if you see anything that is obviously wrong/false/misleading, please add
that as a comment to the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10887.
If you review any part of the docs, please let us know here so that we know which parts are
covered.

I would suggest we focus on false/outdated information only.
If some part of the docs is not clear enough that’s a different issue. Here I’d like to
only collect the list of the sections with things that are
not applicable to Ignite 2.7.

Thanks,
Stan