ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposed realization KILL QUERY command
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:02:19 GMT
Yury,

I do support the latter concatenation approach. It's simple and correlates
with what other DBs do. Plus, it can be passed to KILL command without
complications. Thanks for thinking this through!

As for the killing of all queries on a particular node, not sure that's a
relevant use case. I would put this off. Usually, you want to stop a
specific query (it's slow or resources consuming) and have to know its id,
the query runs across multiple nodes and a single KILL command with the id
can halt it everywhere. If someone decided to shut all queries on the node,
then it sounds like the node is experiencing big troubles and it might be
better just to shut it down completely.

-
Denis

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 8:00 AM Юрий <jury.gerzhedowich@gmail.com> wrote:

> Denis and other Igniters, do you have any comments for proposed approach?
> Which of these ones will be better to use for us - simple numeric  or hex
> values (shorter id, but with letters)?
>
> As for me hex values preferable due to it  shorter and looks more unique
> across a logs
>

> вт, 15 янв. 2019 г. в 18:35, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Concatenation through a letter looks like a good approach to me. As far as
>> killing all queries on a specific node, I would put it aside for now -
>> this
>> looks like a separate command with possibly different parameters.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 1:30 PM Юрий <jury.gerzhedowich@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks Vladimir for your thoughts.
>> >
>> > Based on it most convenient ways are first and third.
>> > But with some modifications:
>> > For first variant delimiter should be a letter, e.g. 123X15494, then it
>> > could be simple copy by user.
>> > For 3rd variant can be used convert both numeric to HEX and use a letter
>> > delimiter not included to HEX symbols (ABCDEF), in this case query id
>> will
>> > be shorter and also can be simple copy by user. e.g. 7BX3C86 ( it the
>> same
>> > value as used for first variant), instead of convert all value as
>> string to
>> > base16 due to it will be really long value.
>> >
>> > Possible realization for the cases:
>> > 1) Concatenation node order id with query id with a letter delimiter.
>> >
>> > query_id = 1234X8753 , where *1234* - node order, *8753* - local node
>> query
>> > counter. *X* - delimeter
>> >
>> > 2) Converting both node order id and query id to HEX.
>> >
>> > query_id =  7BX3C86,  value is concat(hex(node),"X",hex(queryID))
>> >
>> > For both variants we can use either simple or copmlex KILL QUERY syntax.
>> > Simple:
>> >
>> > KILL QUERY 7BX3C86 - for kill concrete query
>> > KILL QUERY 7B - for killing all queries on a node.  May be need extra
>> > symbols for such queries to avoid fault of user and kill all queries by
>> > mistake, like KILL QUERY 7B*
>> >
>> > Complex:
>> >
>> > KILL QUERY WHERE queryId=7BX3C86 - for killing concrete query.
>> >
>> > KILL QUERY WHERE nodeId=37d7afd8-b87d-4aa1-b3d1-c1c033800000  - for kill
> [...]
Once we
>> have

>> > vololo100@gmail.com

>> command
>> only
>> > node.
>> > which
running
>> queries
>> but
>> > why
>> > real
>> ".",
KILL QUERY
>> '123'
>> > only
>> > 34.

>> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/proposed-design-for-thin-client-SQL-management-and-monitoring-view-running-queries-and-kill-it-tp37713p38056.html

Ozerov <

explained above.

Denis Magda <
>> > dmagda@apache.org

>> mathematical
we use a SQL approach

Vladimir Ozerov <

it is a whitespace.
at all. Any
>> > non-whitespace

PM Юрий <

of KILL QUERY just a
>> string
user. User just need to
>> get
>> > the
command.

it have single query
>> id
nodes. User just need to
>> known

 | schema_name |
>> connection_id |
>> e0a69cb8-a1a8-45f6-b84d-ead367a00000   |
321                | 3467777

query_id from running_queries
>> > view

г. в 02:11, Denis Magda <