ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Addressing usability issues with JDK 9-11
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 13:53:04 GMT
Hi Igniters,

0. Results of TC Nightly Run All on Java 11 can be found here
https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewLog.html?buildId=2963881&buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll
<https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=ignite-11155&tab=buildTypeStatusDiv>

19 suites & 580 tests failed. So we need to do one-by-one research for
occurred problems.

1. Startup of a node using both ignite.sh and ignite.bat works for Windows,
OpenJDK 10.0.2. Failure from Denis still needs to be checked by MAC OS
Users.

Control.sh https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-11153 needs to be
fixed. I hope Peter I. will pick up it, fix is quite simple.

Details about illegal access and its warning can be found here:
http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/261#Relaxed-strong-encapsulation

2. Ignition.start warnings:

3. I’ve done some fixes in the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-11140 for examples, and I’m
going to validate results once our Release is passing. Today’s build failed

https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewLog.html?buildId=2965908&buildTypeId=Releases_NightlyRelease_RunApacheIgniteNightlyRelease&tab=artifacts&branch_Releases_NightlyRelease=%3Cdefault%3E

Sincerely,

Dmitriy Pavlov