ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Ignite 2.7.5-rc3
Date Thu, 23 May 2019 09:28:28 GMT
Hi Denis,

I don't feel that we have found any blocker. It is impossible to do an
absolutely perfect release. (if we do absolutely perfect release, what is
the reason to contribute anything else? :) )

The problem now is the only inactivity of PMC members. After 4 hours I will
close the vote as unsuccessful.

Having -1 with an explanation of why clearly shows what can be improved
(BTW, thanks to Ilya). Inactivity shows that community may be not
interested in this release and/or not viable.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

чт, 23 мая 2019 г. в 05:51, Denis Magda <dmagda@gridgain.com>:

> The next Ignite release will go with much more changes and fixes sitting in
> the waiting queue while this maintenance release was baked for several
> months.
>
> Dmitriy P. are there any blockers, should we restart the vote?
>
> Denis
>

> On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, Andrey Gura <agura@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Denis,
> >
> > I really don't see any reason for releasing the next Apache Ignitie
> > version only for this minor fix. Release process is complex enough and
> > it seems that easier way is issue fix and build rc4.
> >
> > Anyway, if we didn't commit about Java 12 support in this version so
> > I'm okay with this issue in current build.
> >
> > On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 4:20 AM Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Andrey,
> > >
> > > I would encourage us to roll this release out and consider this change
> > for
> > > the next one. We’re free to make the next release as soon as needed,
> > even a
> > > couple of weeks after.
> > >
> > > Do you agree?

> > the