ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Ignite 2.7.5-rc3
Date Thu, 23 May 2019 10:20:16 GMT
Hi Anton,

thank you for your attention to details. Could you please check the reasons
for differences?

By log, that shows that all objects were added, I can only suggest there is
a problem in that release step itself. 2.7.5 contains 20 very local fixes,
it can't generate hugely diff.

Usually, +1 or -1 indicates if PMC/committer/contributor feels that the
proposed release is better than previous. I'm not sure the infrastructure
problem has any effect on the release itself, but, again, thank you for
participation.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

чт, 23 мая 2019 г. в 12:41, Anton Vinogradov <av@apache.org>:

> Dmitriy,
>
> This RC can not be released without explanation of huge diff to 2.7.0.
> See my message above.
> So, my -1 (binding).
>
> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 12:34 PM Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > чт, 23 мая 2019 г., 12:28 Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov@apache.org>:
> >
> > > Hi Denis,
> > >
> > > I don't feel that we have found any blocker. It is impossible to do an
> > > absolutely perfect release. (if we do absolutely perfect release, what
> is
> > > the reason to contribute anything else? :) )
> > >
> > > The problem now is the only inactivity of PMC members. After 4 hours I
> > will
> > > close the vote as unsuccessful.
> > >
> > > Having -1 with an explanation of why clearly shows what can be improved
> > > (BTW, thanks to Ilya). Inactivity shows that community may be not
> > > interested in this release and/or not viable.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Dmitriy Pavlov

> > sitting
> > > in