ignite-dev mailing list archives

From j@nschaefer.net
Subject Re: Unassigned issue IGNITE-12174
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2019 08:59:21 GMT
Thank you for the reply.

Quoting Alexei Scherbakov <alexey.scherbakoff@gmail.com>:
> Lucene and spatial indexes do not support persistence.
> This is known limitation which would probably be addressed in the future
> releases.

I think this limitation should at least be mentioned in the
documentation then:

https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/geospatial-support

It would be even better to handle this unsupported use case in the
code as well instead of throwing a NullPointerException. I can add
this check as improvement to the Ignite code if this is wanted and
agreed. But I need a hint on what would be the right place to add this
check in the code base.

Thanks,

Jan