ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Ivanov <mr.wei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 3.0
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2020 06:25:05 GMT
Hi, Val!
Thanks for your efforts on this endeavour!

I would like to suggest deliveries changes in Apache Ignite 3.0:
 — modularised  binary delivery — single minimal binary for starting Ignite and all other
modules and parts of the project (benchmarks, examples, etc.) packed in their own binary which
can be added via custom dependency management tool (i.e. modules.sh)
 — same distribution for RPM and DEB packages but with modules packed as separate ones (PHP
for example)
 — separate thin client release cycle with custom versioning
Possibly, we can we add additional section to the document you introduced for this part.

Also, it seems that full JDK11 support (including building) would be a huge milestone and
a sign of healthy modern project that tends to be on the verge of mainstream technologies
and not the stockpile of legacy leftovers (fully support Iliya in removing all that was deprecated
and/or marked as unused anymore).

> On 8 Aug 2020, at 02:00, Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Igniters,
>
> I've created the page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0
>
> That's not everything I have in mind, but I believe there is already a lot
> to talk about :)
>
> Please take a look let me know if you have any concerns, objections, or
> questions. Once we reach the consensus on the proposed changes, I will
> start creating tickets in Jira and a more detailed plan.
>
> -Val
>
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 6:28 PM Saikat Maitra <saikat.maitra@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Denis, Val
>>
>> Thank you for your reply and really appreciate it. It will be very cool to
>> be able to connect and plan release together and learn more about Ignite in
>> the process :)
>>
>> Regards
>> Saikat
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 7:12 PM Valentin Kulichenko <
>> valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Saikat,
>>>
>>> That surely is a great idea. We will work together with Denis on setting
>>> this up in the nearest future.
>>>
>>> -Val

>>> outlines
>> the