ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 3.0
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:31:40 GMT
Hi Petr,

I agree -- we should better modularize the platform. The current way if
very error-prone, especially during upgrades -- any changes made within
IGNITE_HOME (configs, scripts, modules, etc.) must be merged with a new
version of the package. There is no standard way of doing this.

However, I'm a bit concerned with your suggestion regarding custom
dependency management. Can you please elaborate on how you think it should
work? Are there tools we can reuse for this purpose? I would try to avoid
reinventing the wheel.

-Val