ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Plehanov <plehanov.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Ignite documentation to github
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:54:29 GMT
Denis,

We have some performance drop on benchmarks, so we need some time to find
problematic commit and analyze it. I hope this will be completed during the
current week and we move to the "Vote preparation" phase to the start of
next week.
I think waiting for another month due to documentation it's too much.
Do we have an option to release with documentation on readme.io and then
move documentation in the new format during next month?

пн, 3 авг. 2020 г. в 17:55, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:

> I would wait for 3-4 weeks and release the new docs in 2.9. It means that
> the release should be announced the first week of September which is not a
> huge slip. Moreover, it feels like the testing phase and release procedures
> will not be completed sooner.
>
> So, I would suggest contributing 2.9 related page to the new documentation
> repository.
>

> Denis
>
> On Monday, August 3, 2020, Artem Budnikov <a.budnikov.ignite@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Maxim,
> >
> > The new docs project is not finished yet. There are still a lot of pages
> > to port to the new format, and we are still working on the integration
> with
> > the web-site. Nevertheless, we can try to publish the Ignite 2.9
> > documentation on the web-site in the new format. The documentation will
> not
> > be 100% complete, but it will be updated significantly and will contain
> > most of the information our users need. Actually, I would like to do
> that,
> > but it all depends on how much time I have before Ignite 2.9 is released.
> > I'd say 2-3 weeks would be enough for me to finish all tasks that are
> > critical for the publication.
> >
> > If we can wait with release 2.9 that much time, then I'll prepare the
> > instruction on how to contribute to the docs.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > -Artem
> >
> > On 03.08.2020 12:24, Maxim Muzafarov wrote:
> >
> >> Artem,
> >>
> >> I'd like to submit some documentation changes for 2.9 release. Should
> >> I update docs on readme.io or publish it on ignite.apache.org?

> on

> docs
Some
> people

> [...]
> [...]