ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Plehanov <plehanov.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Ignite documentation to github
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2020 08:37:59 GMT
Denis, Artem,

I've marked the "tracing" ticket as important.
Also, I've added a new section to the release page [1] and created
documentation tickets for some features. Now there is a documentation
ticket exists for each important feature implemented in 2.9.
I know that some Igniters are currently working on documentation, but the
question is still unanswered: where to push changes? To GitHub, or to
readme.io? Guys, can you clarify, please?

[1]:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.9#ApacheIgnite2.9-Documentationtasksforimportantfeaturesimplementedin2.9

вт, 4 авг. 2020 г. в 21:08, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Certainly, the new documentation should not be treated as a showstopper,
> and if the code is ready much earlier, then we can release the docs on
> readme.io.
>
> But, it's not clear what's the documentation readiness status. As per our
> updated release process, the docs need to be ready before the voting is
> started [1]. That change was discussed and introduced after our
> lessons-learned conversations related to the 2.8 release.
>
> Could you please help to figure out the status by preparing a list of
> documentation tasks that must be completed before the voting time (all
> significant features and changes)? The "most important tasks" section [2]
> already lists most of them, but the list might be incomplete. For example,
> the tracing feature should be added in 2.9, but it's not in the important
> tasks list. There might be something else profound that we should put on
> paper.
>
> Once we get the list, we can start working with the contributors in charge
> to get things done. If some documentation pages won't be finished in 2
> weeks from now, then it's reasonable to contribute the 2.9 docs to the new
> docs repository that will be ready for the release in 3-4 weeks. Just my
> thinking.
>
> [1]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Release+Process#ReleaseProcess-4.1EnsureDocumentationReadinessandAccouncementBlogPostActivity
> [2]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.9#ApacheIgnite2.9-Themostimportantreleasetasks
>
> -
> Denis
>

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 5:54 AM Alex Plehanov <plehanov.alex@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Denis,
> >
> > We have some performance drop on benchmarks, so we need some time to find
> > problematic commit and analyze it. I hope this will be completed during
> the
> > current week and we move to the "Vote preparation" phase to the start of
> > next week.
> > I think waiting for another month due to documentation it's too much.
> > Do we have an option to release with documentation on readme.io and then
> > move documentation in the new format during next month?
> >

> > пн, 3 авг. 2020 г. в 17:55, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:
> >
> > > I would wait for 3-4 weeks and release the new docs in 2.9. It means
> that
> > > the release should be announced the first week of September which is
> not
> > > huge slip. Moreover, it feels like the testing phase and release
> > procedures
> > > will not be completed sooner.
> > >
> > > So, I would suggest contributing 2.9 related page to the new
> [...]
for the Ignite
take a look at

> > > docs
Some

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]