ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAR-based code deployment
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2020 19:33:31 GMT
Ilya,

Please see below.

-Val

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 1:54 AM Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnacheev@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I don't like reliance on ignitectl utility. It should be available but it
> should be accompanied by some Java API in my opinion.

I think there will be an API, but that's more about the design of the tool,
which I believe should be unified. I'm going to create a separate IEP and a
separate discussion for this.

> I don't understand how to peer deploy my code if I run a client from my
> IDE, along with all dependencies. I think that easy-to-develop is crucial
> for any product.

What is the ideal process in your view?

> I also think this is a drawback compared to e.g. existing
> PeerAssemblyLoading in .Net.

In which way? Can you please clarify? Generally speaking, I think .Net
assemblies should be deployed in the same way as JAR files.