ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Ignite Docs: Status and Incomplete Items
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2020 02:28:24 GMT
Know I see what you mean. Those two tabs ("Configuration without
persistence" and "Configuration with persistence") don't just switch code
snippet, they show different content + code snippets depending on if you
set up Ignite persistence or not. That technique was used for the K8
instructions intentionally.

-
Denis

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 6:02 PM 18624049226 <18624049226@163.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >> the left side should be expanded and selected. But now the logic seems
> >> confused, especially when the current page is jumping from external
> links.
> >
> > Yeap, the left-side menu issue was known and we keep fixing it. As for
> the
> > right-side menu issues, that's new. Both issues will be fixed:
> >
> > 2.CodeBlock(tabs) components should have a background color or border
> >> line (see the original readme.io),Otherwise, it is easy to be confused
> >> with the document body.
> >
> > Could you point out to any example? We do use a special background and
> > syntax highlighter for code snippets. For instance, check a configuration
> > snippet from this K8 installation section:
> >
> https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/installation/kubernetes/azure-deployment#creating-service
> >
> > https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/setup-dotnet
> >> this page is 404
> >
> > Good catch. I removed that page and, instead, added a special callout to
> > the top of this page. The callout brings attention to .NET, Python, etc.
> > installation instructions:
> > https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/understanding-configuration
> >
> > In addition, with regard to Kubernetes, in fact, the services provided
> >> by various cloud service providers are generally similar. From the
> >> perspective of documents, most of the contents are repetitive. In
> >> addition, many users may still deploy Kubernetes in a private
> environment.
> >> So recombine these long documents into one general document, and then
> >> according to the differences of different service providers, there is
> >> another document to make it look clearer and save a lot of space.
> >
> > Makes sense to me. Create a ticket for that. Hope those other
> contributors
> > will pick it up. Don't have time to work on it personally:
> >
> > Btw, should we create any instructions for Alibaba, Huawei or other
> clouds?
> > Do you have anything like that on the Chinese version of the doc?
> >

> > -
> > Denis
> >

> > On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 11:03 PM 18624049226 <18624049226@163.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Denis,
> >>
> >> There are several suggestions for improvement:
> >>
> >> 1.The right most scroll bar should only affect the body part of the
> >> document, but now scrolling the right scroll bar, the left menu and the
> >> right TOC are affected, so the user experience is not good;
> >>
> >> 2.CodeBlock(tabs) components should have a background color or border
> >> line (see the original readme.io),Otherwise, it is easy to be confused
> >> with the document body.
> >>
> >> 3.Most of the time, the menu on the left side cannot be linked with the
> >> document body normally. When a document is displayed, the menu item on
> >> the left side should be expanded and selected. But now the logic seems
> >> confused, especially when the current page is jumping from external

Clients"
> sections.
> >> under
but I'll