ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Moti Nisenson <moti.nisen...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Affinity Functions proposed for removal?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2020 16:07:16 GMT
I saw at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0+Wishlist
that custom affinity functions are on the potential wishlist for removal.
The way we're using it's very critical that we be able to control the
placement of data quite precisely - as part of that we specify explicitly
the partition we want in the key, and then our affinity function uses that
(else delegating to default rendezvous). We don't need all the
abilities there, although I think that often others do.

This seems to me to be a case that the benefit of removing this is minimal
and could cause quite a lot of disruption to users.

Thanks!