ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Taras Ledkov <tled...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding sql windows functions using apache ignite: is sql windows function supported in ignite?
Date Fri, 07 May 2021 16:58:29 GMT
Hi,

Current H2-based SQL engine doesn't support windows functions.
Now we are working on new SQL engine. [1]

Now windows functions isn't high priority feature.
Welcome to contribution! Please take a look at the dev-branch [2].

[1].
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-37%3A+New+query+execution+engine
[2]. https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/sql-calcite

On 05.05.2021 14:34, Xi Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Xi Wang and I am a developer from Clobotics. For now we are testing the performance
of ignite, and the way we are doing is to insert some tables and then write sql queries to
check the running time.

> I am trying to add some windows functions into my query, something like over(partition
by something order by something). I use it very often on SQL Server and Oracle, but I never
succeeded when using ignite. I saw some posts from ignite community saying that windows function
was not supported, and the post was from 2018.

> So could you please tell me whether windows function is currently compatible to Ignite
or not for now? If the answer is yes, could you send me some examples? At least I couldn’t
found anything on google.

> I would really appreciate your help.
>
> Bests,
> Xi