ignite-user mailing list archives

From Humphrey <hmmlo...@gmail.com>
Subject DataRegionConfiguration is a FINAL class but prefer it not be
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 20:52:42 GMT
Is there a very good reason why the DataRegionConfiguration is a *FINAL*
class?

I would like to be able to extend the DataRegionConfiguration.

In my extended class I would like to add a new method for the *setMaxSize()*
and *setInitialSize()* for example where the input is of the type
*org.springframework.util.unit.DataSize instead* of *long*.

This way I can do *super.setMaxSize(maxSize.toBytes())* which will convert a
property set in my application.properties in a form like *"1GB"* to the
corresponding bytes by Spring Boot automatically.

see [1]  Properties Conversion
<https://docs.spring.io/spring-boot/docs/current/reference/html/boot-features-external-config.html#boot-features-external-config-conversion-datasize>

[1]
https://docs.spring.io/spring-boot/docs/current/reference/html/boot-features-external-config.html#boot-features-external-config-conversion-datasize

The only option I have now is to Wrap the class and delegate the methods,
but that makes me create two beans instead of one for each
DataRegionConfiguration.