From "John Fallows" <john.r.fall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts about unit testing and mock objects
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 04:16:24 GMT

> I thought more about this over the last few hours.  I think my basic
> gripe with easymock and mockobject approaches to JSF API objects is
> that most of the JSF tests I write rarely are concerned  specifically
> with testing how my code is interacting with the JSF API;  it's how my
> code is itself behaving.  The former is where mock object suites pay
> dividends, but when your main concern is in your own code, mock suites
> seem to get in the way for more than they help.  Basically, the Shale
> test framework seems like a better fit (yeah, handcoded, but that
> work's done and released...).

I don't understand your point.  Shale test framework is founded on mock
objects.

Also, no one so far seems to have addressed the second question in the
original post about how we should provide mock objects for our own code in
our unit tests.

tc,
-john.

I'd appreciate as much help as I can get reworking the ADF Faces test

--
http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044
Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress