From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thoughts about unit testing and mock objects
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 05:32:59 GMT
On 5/12/06, John Fallows <john.r.fallows@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On the surface, it would appear so, but IANAL and never played one on
> TV.
>

> I had to read that several times to figure it out - does IANAL mean "I Am
> Not A Laywer" ? :-)

Right the first time :-).  It's a pretty common acronym when discussing
arcane subjects like licensing on open source lists, because nobody wants to
have someone come back later and try to sue you for giving legal advice.

Of course, for me it does evoke a small personal smile when *I* use this
acronym, because my father is, in fact, a lawyer :-).

Craig