From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A new home for the Maven2 JDeveloper Plugin?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 17:24:57 GMT
On 5/15/06, John Fallows <john.r.fallows@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/15/06, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > is there anything they mentioned regarding "ADF Faces" is currently
> > incubating?
>

> Craig, what is the official rule here?

Sorry for the late response ... JavaOne is long hours yadda yadda ...

Is this plugin code part of the ADF Faces code drop?  If so, then it should
already be included in the original Oracle code grant -- otherwise, Oracle
would need to sign a code grant specifically for that purpose.

If the code doens't include new committers, it should be able to go through
an expedited incubator process (initiated by the Maven PMC) that focuses
solely on the IP issues around the code.  If it includes new committers, it
would also need to go through a more usual Incubator process, but likely
pretty short because it's not a huge amount of code.

I am not sure if we need to take care of this fact when "copy and
> > repackage" to code to the Maven folks.

It would seem best to get the Maven folks actually involved in doing this,
starting with a Maven PMC vote to accept a code grant for this code, and /
or a proposal for incubation
from them.

Craig