From "venkata guddanti" <venkata.gudda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Charting Component
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:20:54 GMT
Hi Martin,

Thanks for suggesting the namespace for JavaScript variables on the page. I
was thinking that javascript variables rendered from the components are
automatically unique if we suffix them with the clientId.

I believe org_apache_myfaces_ does not seem like a good prefix for
JavaScript class names. Is there a better prefix notation in myfaces for
JavaScript class names? For e.g. In our RichClient framework built on top of
trinidad all our javascript classes are prefixed with ADF

Regards,
Venkata

On 7/17/06, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Venkata,
>
> the general rule in MyFaces is to prefix with:
>
> org_apache_myfaces_....
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 7/17/06, venkata guddanti <venkata.guddanti@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > The global variable is only in the test page. The rendering logic is in
> > Chart.js. I plan to make this logic namespace compliant. Currently it is
> > using chart as a namespace. For e.g. chartAssert etc., Chart is the base
> > class for all the other chart types. I believe I will change the
> namespace
> > to something like: trinidadChart.  I would appreciate any other comments
> > regarding the prototype. Please also keep in mind that this code is
> still
> > rough. I have to make a pass through it to clean it up. For e.g. I have
> > private variables in the base class that I am using in the derived
> classes.
> >
> > I still have few weeks of work before I can start integrate with the
> > trinidad and PPR framework as I have a day job with Oracle :). Here are
> some
> > of the important things that I have left regarding the charting:
> >

> >    - Animation support.
> >    - Better Labeling support
> >    - Tooltips
> >

> > I will ask Matthias to put another version on the server as I am just
> about
> > ready to integrate.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Venkata
> >
> > On 7/16/06, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, from a short look, I think you'll have to make your javascript
> > > comply better with object oriented principles.
> > >
> > > e.g. global variable:
> > >
> > > var chart
> > >
> > > (name is not namespaced, global is not too good anyways, etc.)
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Martin

> method

> more