From "Pavitra Subramaniam" <pavitra.subraman...@oracle.com>
Subject commandNavigationItem: Propose adding a 'visited' attribute...
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:55:05 GMT
Hello,  I would like to propose adding a 'visited' attribute to the commandNavigationItem component.
This attribute is relevant only when used within the train component.  We currently have an
inaccurate way of figuring out if a stop has been visited or not. The renderer gets the row
index of the currently activenode and marks every node with an index <= current rowIndex,
as 'visited'.There are many flaws with this approach - for one it assumes that stops are ordered
(iow, they have a sequential flow). Secondly, the renderer assumes a behavior for the train
when it should let the model drive this behavior. For instance, I need to support a use case,
where the train stops are all enabled by default and user can jump to any stop. In such situations
the above algorithm totally fails.  Having a 'visited' attribute on the component allows the
model to set the visited state.  What do people think about this change? <!-- Converted
from text/rtf format  -->
Thanks  Pavitra