From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Jira] Portlet Issue
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:13:24 GMT
To answer Mitthias, I'm going to be testing against Pluto and Oracle's
WSRP.  I *MAY* add Gridsphere to the test since it's Websphere like.

Now, Arash, you are replying to a different issue.  I noticed that
Tomahawk has added support for PortletFilters and I guess I jumped the
gun on wanting to use it.  By removing dependencies on the "wapper"
objects in the filters, we can remove any dependency we have on the
implementation of the particular portal for now.  Perhaps we may even
have to depend on our own bridge portlet which (like tomahawk) is
derived off of the MyFaces Bridge.  The things that concerns me is that
never will the two run together in a portal environment if we do this.

I have a requirement to allow this stuff to run in a WSRP container
which is more like type 2 of your scenario.  Therefore, I am flat
against using an implied implementation (like taking advantage of the
fact that WebSphere wraps httpServletRequest/Response objects.  I
*don't* mind providing an interface with various adapters (for each
portal maybe) that could implement these wrapper objects as hopefully
well have something similar in the spec in a year or so.

That being said, while LifeRay is not of the first type you recomended,
someone familiar with the system should be able to provide a wrapper
object for LifeRay's PortletRequest implementation object.

Scott