From Alexandr Smirnov <asmir...@exadel.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces 1.2 component autogeneration (was: Trinidad JSF 1.2 status update)
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:51:57 GMT
Component code generation can greatly improve components creation, since
in Ajax4jsf project I also have own generator with same ideas. In
addition to same files as in ADF/Trinidad , we have generator for
renderer's from jsp-like template ( even with same tags as Jsp/jstl,
which allow to use JSP visual editor for renderer's ). For complex
components  , it allow avoid most of html errors and can divide work
between html designer and java coders.
As a next stage, I want to reduce files need for component creation to
two - base abstract component class, and renderer template. For
component meta information, I have plan to use Java annotations ( in
current implementation, I use Java reflection to analise component and
implemented interfaces methods, bean properties etc. ). As I thing, such
annotations must be standardize, not proprietary API. Is
Myfaces/Trinidad team will interested to use annotations for component
generator meta information ? I need help to create public api for such
feature.
Also, we can contribute parts of existing generator to MyFaces project,
at least renderer generator part - I don't see such feature in other tools.

Adam Winer :