From Gabrielle Crawford <gabrielle.crawf...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: new validator: dateRestrictionValidator
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:53:06 GMT
Hi,

I put up a stab at api's, prodded by Arjuna.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-258

here's the content:

invalidDaysOfWeek: java.util.Set<String>. In the tag the user would
provide a whitespace delimited list of weekdays. The list should consist
of one or more of the following abbreviations: sun, mon, tue, wed, thu,
fri, sat

invalidMonths: java.util.Set<String> In the tag a whitespace delimited
list of months. The list should consist of one or more of the following
abbreviations: jan, feb, mar, apr, may, jun, jul, aug, sep, oct, nov, dec.

invalidDays - this one is trickier. The obvious thing is to pass in a
giant list of invalid dates. Trouble is, this is a lot of work up front,
you might want to calculate this. For example we provide a
DateListProvider API to return a set of dates in a range. I was thinking
that maybe we should generalize this class so that it has 2 methods.
getDateList() and isDateIncluded, or something like that. I think it's
fine if the client validator doesn't support this one, because I don't
think we want to ship over all possible invalid dates. It's fine if the
client validation is less strict than the server.

Thanks,

Gabrielle

Arjuna Wijeyekoon wrote:

> I like the name
> DateRestrictionValidator
>
> --arjuna

>> +1 to the validator.
>>
>> Would definitely hope for client-side validation too!
>>
>> A tricky question from an API standpoint, though:  for an inputText,
>> you'd
>> just add this validator.  But for inputDate, I think it'd be easier for
>> users if we supported setting the attributes directly on inputDate, and
>> synthesized the validator for them.
>>
>> -- Adam
>>

>> On 10/25/06, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I bet!