From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Always render navigation controls in tr:table if "rows" attribute > 0
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:02:23 GMT
A couple things here:
- Clearly +1 to documenting the default for "rows"
- Maybe we should add a skinning property for whether the nav controls
should always be visible even when only one page is visible?

-- Adam

On 10/13/06, G√ľnther, Thorsten <Thorsten.Guenther@medocino.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today the table's navigation controls for pagination are only rendered if the number
of rows in the model is bigger then the number of rows currently displayed in the table. So
when the number of rows in the model changes the table moves up and down when the control
bar is rendered or not rendered.

> I would prefer to have the navigation controls and therefore the control bar always rendered
if I have decided to enable paging on a table by setting "rows" to a value greater then 0.

> Today the default value for "rows" seems to be 25, which IMHO is arbitrary (and not documented
in the tagdoc) and prevents from check via component.getAttributes().get("rows") if the page
developer wanted to activate paging or not. If tr:table should paginate by default the tagdoc
should be clear about that one has to set "rows" to 0 to disable paginating. Then, if paginating
is not explicitly disabled, the navigation controls should IMO always be rendered to show
the ability to paginate, to show the number of displayed rows and to prevent the table from
moving up and down.