From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible use of maven-faces-plugin for myfaces 1.2
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:50:19 GMT
On 10/26/06, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand in detaild the maven-faces-plugin usage. Is
> there any documentation? I am evaluating the amount of work needed if
> we follow the same way than trinidad to generate  tags, config files,
> etc...

There'd need to be support added for generating components and
tags that inherit from UIComponentBase and UIComponentELTag
instead of UIXComponentBase and UIXComponentELTag.  That'd
be rather easy to do, if a bit tedious.

I'd be very happy to help point interested developers in the right
direction.

Also the intention is to generate the taglibs 1.2 for myfaces 1.2,
> with the deferred-value/method attributes etc. Up to what extent this
> is possible with the current implementation of the plugin?

Support for generating JSP 2.1 - including deferred-value,
method-expression, etc. - is already in on the JSF 1.2 branch
of Trinidad.

-- Adam